Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday, December 13/2010

Looks like it is going to be another great weather day. This year has been so much better than last year for weather. I hope it continues because I do remember a few days when the frost was visible on the sand when I got up in the morning. Of course it cleared up with the rise of the sun and it was not unusual for a 30-40 degree change in temperature between the early morning and the afternoon temp.
Hogan was outside this morning and I heard some rather rambunctious activity outside and looked out the window to see Grace back again. This is definitely not good for her. It wasn't too long before I heard Ben calling to her and now I think he is going to have to keep her tied up to discourage this behavior. He says she hangs around for a short time and the next thing he realizes is that she has taken off. Maybe she just wants to get away from the bees!!
I asked Ben if he got any wasp traps yesterday and he said he couldn't find any so I will make him one of mine out of an old cola bottle and we will see if that helps his situation.
Spent a rather quiet day again today. I did take the wasp catcher over to Ben's camp and hopefully it works for him. Tomorrow, he and I will go hiking again, looking for sticks he can make into hiking sticks. He does a great job on them and sells them to the local hardware store for cheap and the store turns around and puts an outrageous price on them!! Commerce at its best.

No comments:

Post a Comment