Sunday, December 19, 2010

Saturday, December 18/2010









It looks like it is going to be another great day. Ben came by for coffee this morning and was headed into town. I hitched a ride in with him and got the 10 gallon garbage can that is needed to do the Xmas turkey in. It was the only 10 gallon can left in Wickenburg!!
I also managed to get a hold of Sasktel Service Dept and had them switch my service back to the old phone and now I have a phone. God, how I hated not having a phone available. Now I own a fancy new phone that is of no use to me what so ever.
Ben has decided to move today so I will spent some time helping him. He found a site not too far from us so Grace and Hogan will be able to play too. We had his site cleaned up and the truck loaded in record time!! We got his tent set up easily (it is a lovely tent) and ready for the night. He then spent a bit of time re-arranging stuff at the site trying to "settle in". I think these last few days have been stressful for him with having to move because of all the bees, then having to move again only three days later to BLM land. Hopefully my bit of help made things a bit easier on him.
When I was done with Ben, I came back to our campsite and put out the Xmas light. We decided to light up three trees this year. John moved the inverter he had in the jeep to the trailer - this way, we could plug into the trailer and the solar panel would keep the battery charged for the lights. It worked out perfectly. I decorated a "Charley Brown" Christmas Tree and I hope you like the pics!! It is the most unfriendly tree I have decorated but it looks so proud now!! Please note the spikes!! It was just waiting for a little love!!
We had a campfire again tonight and Ben came down for a while and then Trueman stopped by. He saw the Xmas lights and had to stop and comment. Both only stayed for a short time, then John cooked the Saturday night special (steak and baked potatoes) and we headed to bed.
What a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment