Sunday, December 19, 2010

Friday, December 17/2010









I woke up to a shroud of mist. I could hardly see the big saguaro that stands close to the front of the bus. I quickly took some pics as the sun is starting to come up and will quickly burn off this mist. It almost looks mystical out. Magic is in the air.
The sun came up, the mist dispersed and John and I got busy cleaning up the site. Bless all the souls who can't drink beer from a bottle without smashing that bottle to bits!! God, what is the matter with people. With no return paid for the bottles, I guess there is no incentive to keep them whole and actually take them home with you and keep the country side clean. Someone (bless their hearts) has left a 45 gallon drum of garbage here and someone else must have thought it was great fun to tip it over, spreading its contents from here to China. I love picking up all kinds of nails and screws and wire and Lord only knows what else!! It blows me away that some people has absolutely no regard for this land and all the beauty it has to offer.
After much raking and shoveling and picking up tons of garbage, we finally have the site looking neat and tidy. It really is a good spot with an incredible view. Hopefully the pics do it justice. We are closer to Vulture Peak now so will have different sunsets to post as well.
Ben came by and is considering moving tomorrow so I said I would help with the move and make things a bit easier for him.. Two sets of hands are better than one so it will be less tiring for him.
We finished the day off with the first official campfire at the new site. It was great.


No comments:

Post a Comment