Friday, December 17, 2010

Thursday, December 16/2010

Woke up to the sounds of rain on the roof, a nice little rain. It was certainly cloudy and rather dreary looking although it was still warm out. Looks like a pyjama day to me!!
John and I were playing Yahtzee, when we had a knock on the door. Here were the State Trust Land people, going around to all the campers telling them they had to move, that we were on trust land (whatever the hell that means) and were not allowed to camp there. We had till tomorrow to move. I was glad it was raining cause I sure didn't invite that wicked woman into the bus - she could just stand out there in the rain!! Like everything in life, all good things must come to an end!! Oh well, we will have to travel about half a mile down the road to the BLM (Bureau of Land Management) Land.
After the game was over we decided to move today. The rain had stopped and if everyone was supposed to move tomorrow then there may be some competition for spots and there are not too many that are suitable for a rig our size. We were ready within an hour. I walked over to Ben's camp and told him we had to move and he was not impressed, being that he had just moved two days ago to get away from the bees. He didn't get a visit from the "Land Cops" as they did not see him way back off the road.
Off we went, John driving the bus and trailer and me in the Jeep. We were not even sure the jeep could make it the 1/2 mile it needed to go. Ben followed us just to lend a hand it case the jeep had issues. The engine was making all sorts of unfamiliar noises and I eventually just said to hell with this, thinking I was going to blow up the engine, and hooked the tow strap up and had Ben tow me to the site.
The site needs work - lots of garbage and junk, but tomorrow is soon enough to tackle that job. Ben headed back to his camp, not looking forward to another move and John and I got out the lawnchairs and surveyed the surrounding. We are definitely in the saguaros now, which is great. I have always wanted to camp beside these majestic plants. The ground is a bit more rockier (not like Bouse) and will be harder on Hogan's paws, so I will have to watch him for any limping. Better head to bed early tonight because it sounds like a busy day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment