Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday, December 4/09











Woke up this morning and there was so much frost on the windows that I couldn't see outside - picture number one. The only window that gave me a bit of a view was the one directly above the heater which, by the way, was on full blast last night. It was chilly when I crawled out from those nice warm covers but I must say it was not real cold. These fancy propane heaters actually do a pretty good job although it will be nice when John takes the small one out of the bathroom and replaces it with a a bigger one in the hallway. Started the generator and turned on the fireplace that also has a heating element to take the chill off. Made coffee and waited for the sunshine to clear the windows. John eventually joined me and discovered that the water pump was frozen so spent a bit of time defrosting that.
Outside I took a couple of pics to show the black cinders that cover the camping area and as we were leaving I took pics of the surrounding blackened countryside. There are two that actually show the lava as it flowed so many years ago. There is miles and miles of this lava creating a very harsh environment. It was incredible to see.
We stopped in Flagstaff, Arizona to shop and once that was done we fueled up, took on fresh water and headed down the road. We ended up in the Prescott National Forest near Camp Verde and on first site I did not see one tree!! I'm hoping it was because it was dusk and I just couldn't see them. Tomorrow will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment