Sunday, December 27, 2009

Friday, December 25/09 Christmas Day

Merry Christmas everyone!! Hogan and I up early again and to my surprise Santa had come to Arizona!! How did he know where to find me!! The first thing I do every morning is open the computer and check the emails (my sister Jan sends me emails darn near every day). Today is no different but, when I hit the first key, what do my wondering eyes see??? - why it is Santa and his reindeer serenading me with "I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas"!! It was marvelous, I loved it!! Santa left me this incredibly beautiful Navajo printed plush blanket - reversible, no less. What a surprise!!
The sun was up and shining and Hogan and I went for our walk - just a short one today. Imagine walking down a sandy trail, looking at the desert on Christmas day!! When we got back to camp John was sitting in the sunshine having coffee and watching the hummingbirds at the feeder. I managed to get a few pics of them.
Soon, it was time to start the turkey and prepare for Christmas Supper. While I was doing that, John took a few pics of the day, - Hogan waiting patiently in his chair, the supper table and of course the little green clay Christmas Tree that Casey made us when he was in grade one, The fireplace in the bus capturing the little church that has been in John's life since he was a young boy on the farm and, finally, the little tree we have sitting on the dash of the motorhome.
Supper was good and finally the dishes were done so that we could relax and simply enjoy the moment. John and I have so much to be thankful for and are blessed with an awesome family and wonderful friends. What more could we ask for??






No comments:

Post a Comment