Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday, December 18/09


























Today is Christmas decorating day. Time to make the bus look a little more festive. The sun is shining like crazy again today so had to sit outside while we had our coffee and formulated a plan of action. We decided that one of the bushes outside needed to be decorated so I got out the strings of lights, donned the gloves (all these bushes are armed with thorns and spikes) and started stringing the lights. I was quite pleased with myself as I completed the task with only a few pokes and scratches. John, in the mean time was hooking up the inverter in the little truck so we could run the LED lights off the truck battery then we wouldn't have to have the generator running. That being done, he put down the awning and hung the icicle lights along the edge. While John was doing that I tackled the Christmas tree inside. We had planned to put it on the kitchen table over the Christmas season but I couldn't see it from where I usually sit so decided to set it up in the dash. It sat there pretty good although I couldn't use the proper stand for it because it made the tree too tall so came up with a solution that worked well. I decorated the tree in all it's glory, went to plug it in and the bloody thing fell over, spewing Christmas balls all over the motorhome. YEAH!!! I guess my solution didn't work that well!! I left it lying on the dash - I'll deal with it tomorrow!!
We sat outside around the campfire, turned the lights on and enjoyed the view. It was lovely and brings a little Christmas to our little corner of the Sonoran Desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment