Sunday, July 3, 2011

Wednesday, June 29/2011

 I awoke early feeling much better than the night before.  The sun was shining and was glistening off the water. We are parked beside the lake again.
I text Jan and lucked out as she was at home today and not working.  They had just returned from their family Reunion at the lake yesterday.  I headed over there for coffee and conversation before heading out to do all my running.
It sounded like Ronin and Caelan had a blast at the lake.  The butterflies were landing on Ronin's arms and he was in total awe of this.  Also, the squirrels were more than happy to eat all the peanuts he put out for them.  It sounded like Caelan was more than happy to eat them too!!
With all the coffeeing done, it was time for me to head out.  John was to meet the guy with the Jeep at two o'clock so I had better get into gear.
My fist stop of the day was to the optometrist to get my glasses straightened.  I fall asleep with them all to often and end up with them sitting a bit askew!  Next it was to Critters to pick up dog food, then to Walmart for as much of the rest as I can get.  I stopped at Canadian Tire for the welding wire then Peavy Mart for the cut off wheels.  Then, it was back to the bus for a rest!!  This shopping can get rather tiring!!
We met the guy with the Jeep, John liked what he saw and we bought it.  After a quick trip to SGI for the plates we drove it back to the bus.  We then hit Costco and bought  a winch for the darn thing then back to the bus to get ready to head back to Leoville.
It was so very hot today that we waited for a while for the temperature to cool off before leaving.  When we finally did head down the road, we had a tail wind, not that it  mattered to me, as I was driving the Jeep!!
We made it back to  Leoville by 8pm.
John took the truck over to show Dave, under the guise of delivering the 40 pounds of flour we had brought back for Shirley!! He apparently liked the truck and hopefully will weld some tabs on the bumper so that we can tow it behind the bus.
John and I sat outside while he cooked supper and we both said that we felt whipped. I guess it must have been the heat.  When supper was ready, we ate and watched who won The Voice on TV.  We had the fans blowing and the reverse air conditioner going while we watched and since the outside temp had cooled down, the inside temp in the bus was also getting cooler.  Any hotter, inside the bus and we would have had to turn on the actual air conditioner!!
It was off to bed for me after the show only to discover that the bus engine had heated the mattress on the drive up here!!  Oh sweet mother of God!!  I feel asleep with the fan blowing on me laying on top of all the covers!!We are definitely NOT going to need any covers tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment