Sunday, July 3, 2011

Friday, July 1/2011

Happy Canada everyone.  Today is the day to be thankful we live in such a wonderful county and to be thankful for our way of life that is the best in the whole wide wold.  We are truly blessed to be raised and live in a country that has such high standards and values.  I have travelled to a few countries in my life and am truly  thankful that Canada is my home.
We were awakened early this morning (4:30 a.m.) by some knocking on our door and Hogan barking like crazy.  I got up to see who was there and saw one very dunk young man looking for his friends and a place to sleep.  He thought they were here and needed some harsh words from John to actually get him to leave the property and go look for his friends.  Poor guy!!
When I finally did get up for the day, I looked outside to see nothing but a million pages from a million newspapers flying around the streets and into the yards.  Apparently the grad kids had thought it was a great prank to pull on the town!!  I don't think the people that were cleaning up the mess thought this to be a wonderful prank, but as pranks go, this was petty harmless and easily cleaned up.  Believe me, it could have been so much worse!!
The sun is shining today and that is a good thing as the garden could certainly use it.  I picked a few more weeds from between the plants and now is waiting for Beef to bring the rototiller over and do between the rows. Then the garden will look awesome!!
John finished putting the winch on and it looks petty dang good sitting on the front bumper of "Old Blue".  We are now ready  for a trip onto the trails with it!!  Maybe we should go get some wood for the fire pit tomorrow.
Shirley came over with some baking she had done this morning so now John and I have dessert for supper!!
There ae two football games on today so we have to finish up all our chores before they start.  Then, we can just relax and enjoy the games.
Six hours of football is plenty for one day and it was after 10 o'clock before they wee done so it was time for bed.  John had cooked ribs on the BBQ between games and they were delicious so with my tummy full and all the right teams winning the games, it was off to bed for me.  Tomorrow is another day and one never knows what might be in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment