Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday, July 14/2011

I headed into Spiritwood today to do the shopping for the weekend and get all the ingredients for the bush pie filling.
Before I did that though, I dropped off the Sami at the service station so that the guys could change the transmission oil and the transfer case oil.  Since they were not too busy, I had them take a look at the front tire on "Old Blue" as it keeps loosing air.  As it turned out, it was leaking around the bead so only needed at good cleaning and a bit of sealer.  With this done, I headed into Spiritwood.
Shopping done and back at the bus, I started on the bush pie filling and threw some eggs in a pot to hard boil them for potato salad.  I have some wrinkly old potatoes that need to be used before they go rotten so decided to make the kids potato salad as well.
Of course I had to get all this done up today,  as I had agreed to help at the nursing home again tomorrow.
There is no rest for the wicked you know!!
Eventually, everything got done and I even managed to make a rhubarb tart for John (he loves his rhubarb).
I don't have to worry about taking lunch tomorrow as the cook said he was cooking fresh caught fish for lunch.  Fish and Fries!!!  Oh Yeah!!
I must admit, the bed felt mighty good tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment