Sunday, July 24, 2011

Thursday, July 21/2011

It is 5:30 in the morning and I have managed to wake John up with my coughing.  Needless to say, he is not too terribly impressed!!  Well then, my work is done!!
Perhaps some coffee will help so up I get (even Hogan is not all that impressed with me!!) and make some more noise in the process!!
It looks rather bleary out again this morning however I do believe I can see a bit of blue sky.  Perhaps there will be some sunshine today.  The trees are blowing so I know it is a bit windy out as well.
We got a text from the kids at the lake (this would be my boys from other mothers!!), they are in need of some repairs on their quads so are heading over here to use the air compressor, the welder and what ever else is needed.
They arrived and got to work, the girls came for a visit and went "shopping" at the grocery store and the video store!!  Not much "shopping" to be done there unless it is food you are after!!
They came back with a new flavor of Old Dutch chips - Sweet and Sour!!  What next!!
Once the fixing was all done, the kids headed back to the lake to suit up then meet us back on the trail.  They are taking us for a ride which is funny because none of them really knew the trails!!  Kimmy said that she was glad we were along as she knew we would get her home safe and sound as she had no idea where she was!!
The ride was a lot of fun.  The kids never missed a mud puddle to go through and were wet before too long.  Actually I think Jill was the only one real wet as she did not have chest wadders on.  She said she was too cheap to buy them.  Silly Girl!!
Heading out


Lots a water on the trails



Kimmy riding with Kellen





Sami to the rescue!



One last mud hole
The trail was super wet from all the rains and I am sure it will be several more days before they dry out and that is only if we don't get anymore rain.
Of course the kids are always hungry while they are on the trails so we stopped for a wiener roast which actually was timed rather nicely as Kevin's quad was having battery issues so we charged his battery off Sami while we cooked the "dogs".
We eventually made it back to the Grid Road and the kids had two options for traveling home.  It was 9:00p.m.  and getting late so they could either take the Gun Range Road (which I know would be nothing but huge water puddles on top of huge water puddles, or, they could go back to Vimy and down Huard Lake Trail which would actually be quicker and much shorter.  They had travelled this way to meet us earlier.  As it turned out, they decided to take the quicker way home so we said goodbye to them and we headed back into Leoville.  I had asked the kids to text us when they got back to camp so that we knew they had made it which they did a little more than an hour later.
It was a great ride and was a lot of fun.  It is always an adventure when we go with the kids!!
John and I both were tired when we got back to the bus and after a quick supper (which can't even be called supper) headed to bed.  I feel like I carried the Sami through the trails!!

No comments:

Post a Comment