Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Monday, July 11/2011

OMG - it is NOT raining this morning.  Could that be possible!!  The sun is shining and the birds are singing.  Life is good
I really must skip over to the laundromat and wash my uniforms or maybe I will just throw them into the little wash machine I have here in the bus.  I don't use it very often and really should just to keep things lubricated and the trap full.  Yes, I think I will do just that, then, hang them out on the clothesline next door.  They will smell wonderful.
The laundry is hanging on the line.  Not the neighbor's line though, as it turned out to be wire and was horribly rusty so I fashioned one from my own clothes line stuff I have here in the bus.
With the sun shining like it was, it sure didn't take long to dry.
Now I can sit and relax for the rest of the day.
With the kids coming up this weekend, I need to get into gear and plan a few things so that I am not scrambling to get things done while they are here.
Being such a lovely day, John and I decided to take a drive down to Poplar Lake so I could throw a few hooks into the water and maybe catch a trout for supper.  We climbed into the truck (Hogan rode in the cab with us!!) and off we went.   We were catching some dust from some vehicle in front of us and as we got closer to it we realized it was Dave and Shirley, who were also out for an evening drive.  As it turned out, I never did make it to Poplar to fish!!  Instead, we headed down to Vimy and sat on the edge of that little lake and had a few beer and watched the antics of Mr Beaver.  The mosquitos and the No -See-ums were voracious and it is certainly a good thing we had bug spray with us and even then we all still managed to get a few bites.
Upon returning home, we invited Dave and Shirley for supper and John cooked steak and baked potatoes.  It was delicious.  Shirley had to work the next day so her and Dave headed home after supper.  It was a nice end to a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment