Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tuesday, July 12/2011

Since I am not scheduled to work till tomorrow, I took today to simply relax and enjoy life.  I mucked around in the garden - which I swear has grown a foot in the last couple of days and started making a list of everything that needs to be done before the kids get here on Friday.
Jace has asked me to make bush pie filling as that is one of the things on their menu for the weekend.  No problem I say,  however, I will have to make a trip to Spiritwood to get the ingredients.  It is just too expensive here in Leoville to shop for some things.  I am told that it is because it costs more to ship it here to Leoville but I truly beg to differ.  We are 32 kms from Spiitwood and I can't imagine why a cucumber costs over $3.00 here when they are only a dollar in Spiritwood!!  Does 32 lousy kms make that much of a difference???.  Someone is screwing someone!!  You have to love small town Canada!!
Since I did laundry yesterday, I have clean uniforms for work tomorrow.  I can just relax and enjoy the rest of the day which remained peaceful and calm.
Shirley came over after she got home from work today and was covered with bug bites from last night's excursion to Vimy.  She said she scratched all day and was still scratching when she was talking to us!!  Man, those dirty little No-See-Ums did a number on her!!  John and I remained fairly unscathed compared to her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment