Saturday, July 30, 2011

Monday, July 25/2011

We are under a heavy rainfall warning!!  Now isn't that just lovely.  The clouds are looking rather menacing but so far, so good.  I guess everyone is saving on sunscreen!!  The mosquitos are certainly enjoying this damp weather so bug repellent is a must.  I guess you save on one product but end up using another - and that my friends, is life!!
Today we had a visit from one of our neighbors who has property adjacent to ours here in town.  We had tried to purchase this piece of property last year and we could not come up with an agreeable price so had to let that idea go.  Today, he came by and asked us if we were still interested in it and make him an offer.  Now isn't that interesting.  The property has a huge garage/shop on it and actually butts up the the side of our property.  It is definitely something to think about although lately both John and I are rather discontent with town living so I am not too sure about this whole deal.  There is always "noise" here in town.  Be is someone mowing their lawn, using a chainsaw or simply driving by, there is always noise.  I hate it!!  We have become so used to peace and quiet that this "noise" is nerve raking.  On the other hand, I love that we have good neighbors that come to visit and  can share a beer or a campfire and enjoy each others company.  What a dilemma!!  I will think about it tomorrow!!
John started a campfire and Dave wandered over (Shirley was working).  Dave is busy ripping his little Samurai apart and installing new parts that will "lift" the little thing higher off the ground.  This is a good thing when one is out on the trails.  It was time to quit tinkering and come for a beer.
It had started to rain a bit so I got out the umbrellas and we continued to sit around the fire.  Eventually Gary and Arlene came over and joined us under the umbrellas. I couldn't find my other big one so Dave and Gary cuddled under one, Arlene had another and John and I under one.  We must have looked like a bunch of Redneck Losers, sitting around the fire under umbrellas!!   Eventually, they went home and Shirley arrived.  She mentioned she had a big umbrella at the store and said she would bring it for me.  We sat around for a bit longer then it was time for all of us to have supper.  The impromptu fire party ended and we all headed to our homes.  It was starting to rain a bit harder anyway so it was time to call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment