Monday, July 4, 2011

Saturday, July 2/2011

Old Blue
Our new addition to the Jeep family. J 10 4x4


Coming through




I am up early and the sun is shining again today.  There was a party going on all night and I am sure there will be some pretty thick heads this morning.  I hope everyone had fun as I am sure it will be a pretty quiet day around here today.
We took "Old Blue" out on the trails today and as you can see by the pics, we did find some mud and the winch was in use.  Actually, the truck did pretty darn good.  I was surprised.  Of course when it did get stuck it was a big slug and it is a good thing we have an 8000 lb winch on that baby!!
Hogan rode on deck for most of the day and did well although he definitely does not like to get "off camber" at all and tends to jump down.
We saw several rabbits and a porcupine today along the trail and they certainly did not appear to be too terribly concerned with us.
We got home in good time.  Hogan required a shower as he was covered in mud. By the time I had him clean, John had built a fire and we sat around it until supper was done.  Then it was time for bed.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment