Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday, May 9/2010



Happy Mothers Day to all you Moms out there. Hopefully all the little lovies remember to at least call us!!
Heard from Jan this morning and it sounds like Ron is still unstable. She is hoping to get him transferred back to Saskatoon. Yesterday, it sounded like Regina was the choice for the doctors in Swift Current. I think I am getting a headache!!!! I think Jan is getting a headache as well!!!! Oh, our shattered nerves!!!
John gave me a call this morning and he sounds better today - at least one of the husbands is starting to act properly!!! He told me he would like to start getting out of the bed and that is a real good sign that he is on the road to recovery.
John did get out of bed and was quite tired just standing at the side of the bed. His leg is so very swollen and the pain remains quite severe. I got a call from Jan and, Ron was being transferred into Saskatoon - thank heavens.
Ron arrived and was immediately wisked into the cardiac catheterization lab for a stent which apparently was threaded through a three inch blockage. Significant size and generally not good. I went to find him but he was still in the cath lab and Jan had yet to arrive at the hospital so I went and waited with John.
Jan finally arrived at the hospital and the doctor was waiting for her --- Ron has had extensive damage to his heart and lifestyle changes were going to be necessary. Once the initial shock of the news was over, it was down to business and what needed to be done to start this healthy lifestyle. First things first - Jan and I were going home to get some much needed rest - the next couple of days will be busy for both of us (there is a rumor that John will be discharged tomorrow).

No comments:

Post a Comment