Friday, October 31, 2014

Wednesday, October 29/2014

It is looking like it is going to be a fairly reasonable day. I do not think we had any frost last night as the airstrip is green, not white like it has been the last two mornings.
Lorne was up early and gone with the gravel truck. He is hauling around Sparwood today.
It is cabbage roll making day today so I had better get into gear and get them started. I think most of Lorne and Marilyn's kids are invited for supper so it should be a fun (and noisy) filled evening.
I just may have to keep Hogan in the camper tonight as that very scary baby - Miss Scarlet will be around tonight and she terrifies him!! She has learned to crawl so poor Hogan is not safe around her. She tries to touch him and he is not having any part in that!! That is just toooo scary for him!!
I headed into the house and started on the cabbage rolls and by 1:00 p.m. they were in the oven cooking.  Mmmmm, they do smell good!!
Marilyn was off to the massage therapist and I grabbed a quick shower. Time to get the cabbage smell off me!!
With that done, I was ready to great the remainder of the day. I had time to read a few chapters of my current book series The Game of Thrones as well. Man, what an awesome series. I can see why it is such a popular TV show.
John was busy most of the day up loading pictures to the blog so now I think we are pretty much caught up. Man, that is a full time job in itself!!
Lorne did not arrive home until after 6 so he certainly had a busy day. It was a "short" run today and there were lots of haulers so he said he spent a good part of his day waiting to get loaded. He referred to his day as ...... boring!!
Gentry (one of Lorne and Marilyn's boys) came home with Marilyn and got on the quad to go hunting. With his native ancestry, he is able to hunt "out of season" so he is hoping to get a deer and an elk.
The kids started arriving shortly after six and before too long the house was full of chaos. You know, the kind that only dogs and children can create!!
Hogan was flabbergasted and I decided that he would be far happier in the camper (away from scary baby, Scarlet). He was more than happy to accompany me outside!!
Supper was absolutely delicious. The prime rib roast was cooked to perfection and the cabbage rolls were a definite hit. I heard comments about the gravy being awesome as well. Everyone ate until they were stuffed.
As the evening progressed the little ones petered out or got cranky and that triggered the exit of the supper crowd.
It was awesome to spend time with the kids and get to know them a bit better. They are a good bunch.
Once they left, the house was virtually silent. The old adage, silence is golden just took on a very real meaning!!  Wow, I think I am tired from just watching the activity!!
Before too long, it was time for John, Marilyn and I to eat. Lorne had gone to bed earlier as he has another long day ahead of him tomorrow.
With our supper over and done with, we straightened up the kitchen and called it a night. Man, I think I ate too much!!
Once again, another awesome day here on the ranch surrounded by good food and even better company.
John, Brodie, Jordan and Lorne

Gentry and Marilyn

Lily

Tyler and Sheri

John and Brodie
Life is Good.
Marie, Kelsey and Tyler

Gentry and Marie

Sheri and Scarlet

John and Kelsey

Jordan and Marie

Marie and Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment