Thursday, October 23, 2014

Wednesday, October 22/2014

We awoke to sunshine this morning and it was lovely to see. It looks like it is going to be another great day here on "The Ranch"!!
Lorne,  I see is headed off to work as the big gravel truck is started and running.
Marilyn is headed into town for lunch and Hogan is out checking out the acreage.  It is going to be another quiet day around here!!
I managed to get in a few hours of reading and by the time Marilyn got back from town it was late afternoon and almost time for happy hour.
The elk have returned to the air strip and I got to see a few today. Hunting season is now over so they seem to know they are safe once again. I guess they are frequent visitors to the yard. Hopefully they come closer while we are here and I am able to get a few awesome pics of them.
Lily (Lorne and Marilyn's granddaughter) who is currently on the tail end of a very long battle with leukemia has another chemo treatment in Calgary tomorrow so her brother Brodie is going to come and stay for the night. He has school tomorrow and it is far less disruptive for him if he spends the night with Papa and Nana. Marilyn will take him into school tomorrow and if all goes well with Lily, she will be back home tomorrow and only have 2 more treatments left in her regime.
We had the pleasure of meeting Lily's parents Jordan and Sherrie as well as her baby sister Scarlet.
Marilyn had supper ready for this very busy young family and it was nice to meet them and have a chat.
Once again, Lorne is scheduled to work in the morning so it was soon time for him to eat and head to bed. I too was feeling the call of my pillow and  I took my leave soon after. John came in shortly there after and the end of the day was upon us all.  It was raining out and there is more rain in the future. There is even some suggestion of snow but I choose to disregard such news!!

No comments:

Post a Comment