Monday, October 27, 2014

Sunday, October 26/2014

It rained all night and this morning it is still raining.  It looks like this is going to be an all day event. Actually there was a point last night when I thought it sounded more like little pellets of sleet hitting the top of the camper and when I looked out this morning, there were indeed a few pellets remaining on top of the trailer. Well, I guess tis the season!!
It looks like the kind of day for a big bowl of soup and a good book!!
Around noon, it started to clear up and the constant drumming of the rain started to ease off.  Man. I am sure it has rained at least 2 or 3 inches since this system moved in. It is just so "wet" outside. There is lots of new snow up on the tops of the mountains now and several have an accumulation on their sides as well.  Looks like winter has come to the upper elevations.
Marilyn invited their life long friends Tressa and Wayne for supper tonight and she tells me the dress attire is "formal". I hope she means clean blue jeans and Tshirt as I left my gowns and jewels at home!!
Supper was great and the company was wonderful. I can see why these two couples have been such good friends for so many years. Both of them are so genuine. It is good to know there are still some pretty awesome folks in this world.
Of course Marilyn made way too much food so once again, we have enough in the fridge to last us until I make cabbage rolls on Wednesday.  I promised I would show Marilyn how a real Ukrainian makes them!!
Tressa had to work tomorrow and Wayne and Lorne were both unsure if they would be working in light of the heavy rainfall we just received so they all called for an early night which once again left John, Marilyn and myself sitting around the table chatting about anything and nothing.
Eventually, we too ate and called it a day.
The truck is scheduled in at the repair shop tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. so it is off to bed for me as I need to get up much earlier than that to greet the day and get the coffee on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment