Saturday, September 10, 2011

Tuesday, September 6/2011

The sun is shining again this morning and I dare say it is already hot!!  Nice!!  I wonder what I should do today.....
As it turned out, I really did nothing!!  Shirley came over and I helped her get some beets so that she could pickle them.  She also mentioned something about trying some beet relish.
We also raided the cucumber patch and managed to get a big bowl of those as well.  She certainly has her work cut out for her today.  Shirley is a busy woman and is always on the go,  doing something!!
I watered the garden when she left as there are still all kinds of blossoms on the cucumber vines and we will likely have another batch of cucs for Shirley to make either pickles or relish if we keep the vines happy.
The tomatoes are awesome and I picked three ripe ones off the vines today and John and I enjoyed toasted tomato sandwiches. Mmmmm....
Gary brought over a bag of apples today that he had brought from his daughter's house and asked if I would make him some apple pies.  Since he hauls my butt around to the various lakes with him to fish, I am more than willing to make him a few pies.
The quad was still totally filthy from the weekend so I decided to take it to the carwash and give it a good cleaning.  By the time I was done, the quad was much cleaner but I was filthy!!  So much for scooting to the store and picking up a few things I needed for making the pies!!  Home I went to clean up then headed to the gas station to fill the tank and then to the store.
Once back at the bus, it was time to sit and relax in the shade.  It is just too hot to do anything else.
Gary came over for a while then it was time for him to head home for supper.
John started a campfire and we sat around it enjoying the quiet of the evening.  The elk are starting to whistle during the evening and into the night and it is yet another reminder of the changing season.

No comments:

Post a Comment