Sunday, September 11, 2011

Friday, September 9/2011

Northern Lights

Full Moon



Fire God Looking Out!

The sun is shining again this morning and according to the weather man, it will be in the 30s again today.  I guess I will do the potato salad thing for supper tonight.
As I am sitting here today, I hear the elk whistling and a flock of geese has just flown over the bus.  Oh, the sounds of the changing season are in the air and I can't help but think how incredibly lucky I am to be able to witness such as event.  There is always a sense of anticipation with these changes - the wonder of things to come.
The neighbors huge maple trees are turning more yellow each day and that alone is interesting to watch.  The screeching of the blue jays is heard more frequently lately and I wonder why.  Could it be,  that they too,  are heralding the changing of the season?
I made three more pies today and finally am done with all the apples Gary brought me!!  It is truly a good thing that I do not have to cook them as it would be incredibly hot in this bus if the oven was on.  It is hot enough just with this temperature outside!!
Eventually, the day cooled and John and I sat around the campfire.  Tonight, we were blessed with the Northern Lights.  They were quite vivid and danced across the sky for a couple of hours.   John tried to take pics of them but I am not sure if the camera was able to pick them up.  I am afraid that our little camera has limitations and the Northern Lights just may be one of them!!.  It was a wonderful ending to an otherwise awesome evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment