Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thursday, September 1/2011

WOW - it is the first of September already and it already is a bit chilly in the mornings!!  Feels like Fall - or is that just my imagination.
When Gary and I were on the water yesterday, I noticed some of the trees already starting to change color.
I have spent much of the morning texting Casey.  He has finally got a job on one of the oil rigs in Northern Alberta.  He spent the last two days getting all his clothes bought for the job then left for Calgary at midnight last night.  He made it to Calgary and found the airport and the hangar where he is to leave from.  His bags are now checked in and he is waiting for the flight.  My, how our children grow!! This child had trouble finding his way around the streets of Saskatoon and here he is sitting in the airport in Calgary (only got lost once he says) waiting for a flight to take him to some place called Red Earth.  Now my question is - is that a place or is it the name of the rig?
I went into work for 1 o'clock and once back home found out that Casey had made it to the rig safe and sound.  Not much of a message, but enough for me to hold on to.
Dale arrived tonight from Regina.  I didn't even know he was supposed to show up tonight but Oh Well, he is here.  It is a good thing John actually cleaned up the trailer because he would be sleeping in amongst tools, and general disarray.
It is chilly tonight and I soon headed to the heat and safety of my bed.  Jace and Kim come tomorrow and the weekend of fishing and fun will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment