Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Monday, September 12/2011

Since I spent yesterday watching football games and generally doing nothing (well I did wash the blinds on the windows - finally!!) I declared today the day to pick the tomatoes off the vines and clean up the garden a bit more.  With me working pretty steady for the next month, this won't give me much time to get all the things done that are needed to be done before John and I pull out of here for the winter.
It is cloudy today and there is a definite possibility of rain so I don't have the excuse of it being "too" hot to do anything!!
John and I were enumerated today so that we can vote in the next provincial election.  Unfortunately, we will not be here in November but we officially could vote in this constituency now.
Gary and Dave wandered over for coffee this morning and stayed for a couple of cups.  John, Gary and Dave chatted while I started picking tomatoes off the vines.  By the time I was finished, I had collected two boxes of tomatoes for Shirley!!  I kept a few for myself and gave a few to Gary but there were still two boxes for Shirley.
Dave brought some garbage bags over and collected all the vines for the deer.  He will take them out to his two stands when Shirley comes home.  While he was gone, I pulled up what was left of the lettuce as well so now the woodland creatures can have a variety of garden refuse - a salad of sorts!!
Jon started putting the Sami back together and I headed into the storage trailer to tidy it up and look for some stuff I wanted to take back down to Arizona with me.  I found what I needed and wouldn't you know it - but the time I was done,  it was "happy hour"!!
Dave came over and we sat around while the gasket thing set on the thing John was working on then Dave headed home to wait for Shirley so that they could deliver the garden booty to the deer, and the bears and the rabbits and the skunks and whoever else wanted to partake in the smorg!!
I made fish and chips for supper which were quite good - if I do say so myself!!
It started to rain and Shirley showed up with blanket so that we could cover the cucumbers.  It is going to be cold tonight and the risk of frost is a good possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment