Saturday, September 10, 2011

Monday, September 5/2011

I awoke to beautiful sunshine today.  Apparently it is to be in the high 20s this week and maybe even get into the low 30s.  This is truly harvest weather and the farmers are busy combining their crops and getting as much done as the weather will allow.  I took some awesome pics of a couple of the crops we saw yesterday.
Today, the kids and Dale are leaving.  The weekend is over and it is time for "real" life to once again rear its ugly head.  With breakfast cooked and eaten, the travelers are all on their way home.  Jace and Kim to Saskatoon and Dale to Regina.
There is peace and quiet once again in our yard.
Gary came over and asked if I wanted to go fishing later today and I agreed to go.  He wants to fish Miko Lake today.  After hearing about the huge fish the kids caught at Island, he is sure wishing he was able to get his boat down there however, the trail is simply not wide enough after the plow wind tore through the area.  He will have to settle for the other lakes around here.
Back from fishing and I managed to catch five jack while Gary managed to land only two.  I had better watch out of Gary will be kicking me out of his boat as well!!  All the fish were small so we simply did a catch and release today - there is always another day.   It was a beautiful day on the lake and I did notice that the fall colors were even more pronounced today - it is coming!!
Burgers for supper, a bit of TV then bed - life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment