Thursday, September 8, 2011

Friday, September 2/2011

Well God decided that I did not have to sleep last night so needless to say, I am a little tired this morning.  I wandered the bus and sat in the chair, looked at facebook and read from the kindle and finally about 4:30 a.m. fell asleep!!  God, I hate nights like that.
I am now sitting here (8:30 a.m.) bright eyed and ready to greet the day.  It is chilly in the bus this morning so I have the electric heater going.  I put the coffee on (forgetting about the heater) and blow the breaker!!  Oh, so this is how the day is going to go!!!
With the breaker back on and the coffee finally made, I get to sit for a  minute and have some quiet time.  The blue jay is once again trying to get into the little bird feeder and has once again settled for the seeds on the ground.  It is funny how this little creature always has to try the feeder first before finally admitting defeat and eventually eating off the ground!!
The guys finally awoke and I cooked breakfast.  They will be going out to the trails today.  Dale needs to "break in" his quad as he has very few hours on that fancy new machine.
Dale's new Can Am MR
I will be staying here getting ready for the kids.  I have left most of the things that need to be done to the last minute (as usual) so today is the day to get everything done.  Then I can relax and enjoy the weekend.
The guys came off the trail and the kids arrived about an hour later.  It is good to see them again.  Dave and Shirley came over soon after the kids arrived and we all sat around the campfire chatting.
I had cooked potato salad earlier and everyone was getting hungry so I threw the pork chops on the BBQ and we all ate - Dave and Shirley included.  It tasted great!!
Shirley has to work in the morning so it wasn't too long after we ate that she and Dave were headed home for the night and I soon followed.  I am tired!!

No comments:

Post a Comment