Sunday, June 27, 2010

Wednesday, June 16/2010

The weather has held, no rain and the painting continues. Today we can start on the outside walls. All the trim has been done and now it is time for the "good" stuff.
I will be returning to Leoville some time today so my time is short. I am finally ready, all the things that I needed to do while here is Saskatoon have been done so now I will paint until Arnie comes to get me. My knees say that it can't be soon enough!!!
John phoned all in a panic - he has found another Samurai truck here is Saskatchewan and wants to go buy it - surprise, surprise!! I make a mad dash to the bank for the money and get home in time for Arnie's call and the ride home.
Jan and I managed to get the whole back of the house painted and now she thinks that one piece of the trim needs to be darker, more contrasting. I agree, but that is a job for another day. Thank the Lord.
Arnie finally arrives and we head back to Leoville. I am so very tired. I have not had to do much in the way of physical labour since I retired. I am so out of shape it is shameful.
We arrive in Leoville and John is ready to head to southern Saskatchewan for the little samurai - he has already made the deal. The last thing I feel like doing, is take another road trip. Shelly had supper ready, and we quickly ate and in no time at all John and I were back on the road. We had to make a quick trip as Shelly and I had planned a "wing night" for tomorrow night and if we were to go, we had to be back in Leoville tomorrow night. Off we went - John drove all the way to Moose Jaw and to no one's surprise - it is freaking raining again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment