Sunday, June 27, 2010

Thursday, June 17/2010











Up early and headed to our final destination where we were to met and buy the samurai. The transaction being done, we stopped and put plates of the new truck and headed for home. Rain is once again threatening. There has been so much rain in the southern part of our province that the rivers and creeks are swollen to capacity and in many instances, are overflowing. It is incredibly green here as well - a green that has not been seen in years. This area of the province is usually quite dry.
After several hours of driving, we finally make in back to Saskatoon where John gets this incredible idea to stop at Costco and buy a winch for the new truck. I know what a life saver having a winch is and I agree that since we are fueling up across the street from Costco, it would be foolish not to go and get one. I make the necessary purchase and then struggle my ass off getting the heavy thing into the truck. I finally get the job done but not before I totally strain my back and every other muscle in my body getting the bloody thing into the little truck. I curse the shit out of John for being so stupid and breaking his leg in Arizona and I am sure I left my ovaries behind, in the Costco parking lot!!!
Finally, we make it home to Leoville and wing night. Shelly and Gail have been cooking like crazy and things are ready to go. I am totally exhausted and John's foot is very swollen but we are home and we have a new baby!! John can hardly wait for the weekend and the first run!!
The wings were delicious and well worth the wait - I think I am tired - very very tired!!

No comments:

Post a Comment