Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday, February 25/2010

Sun is shining - finally!! Quiet day today, had to once again help the olympians but with the gold medals we are collecting, it is all worth it.
Our friendly neighborhood prospector Truman stopped by for a visit. He found a piece of iron pyrite (fool's gold) for me, so now I have another rock for my collection. John is complaining that we will be hauling about 800lbs of rocks back to Canada but he is soooo full of it!!! Truman also showed us a gold nugget he found a few years back and let me tell you, it was quite a bit larger than the one I had in my hand the other day from the gemologist!! I think I am getting "gold fever"!! If I could only decide how to do it without having to watch out for rattlesnakes I just may consider it!!
John sends a poem to all our friends in Saskatchewan:

My Friends In Saskatchewan

It's winter in Saskatchewan
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy kms an hour
At -45 below
Oh, how they love Saskatchewan
When the snow is up to their butt
They take a breath of winter
And their nose gets frozen shut
Yes, the weather there is wonderful
So, I guess they will hang around
My friends could never leave Saskatchewan
Because they're frozen to the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment