Sunday, February 21, 2010

Friday, February 19/2010

A bit cloudy today when Hogan and I got up although the blue sky looks like it is heading our way. There is supposed to be a chance of rain this weekend so will have to wait and see. The birds are busy with the seeds I put out and sometimes there are a few fights amongst them - kind of funny to watch as they chirp and jump all over each other. Reminds me of popcorn as it jumps in the pan!!
We headed into town for supper tonight. It was all you can eat fish and chips and John says the cod here is great. Stayed for a few drinks and ended up chatting with a gemologist for most of the night. He was very interesting to talk with and told us he was also a rock hunter being that he was into gems and jewelry (does a lot of trade shows). The conversation turned to gold and before I knew it he went out to his car and came back in with three gold nuggets he had found while out rock hunting. (He said he actually found 13 nuggets in the three days that he was hunting - about $2000 worth.) I held the three in my hand and was amazed at the weight of the nuggets. He told me that I held about $1000 in my hand!! I forgot the camera so wasn't able to get a picture however I will before he leaves the area. This fellow also sells metal detectors so we plan on buying one from him next week. I think we will have lots of fun with it.
Anyway, we had a good time and the evening ended with John and I watching some Olympic coverage from bed before turning out the lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment