Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday, February 26/2010

Woke this morning to the sun once again shining through the windows and the birds waiting for me to feed them. It is so nice to be needed!! Caught up on the emails and the blog and was reading the newspaper from back home when I got a wonderful surprise. One of our friends from back home (Shelly) skyped us and when I answered Mom Larocque was there visiting. We haven't seen her since we left Canada and with all the medical issues facing her since last summer it was wonderful to see her - even if she said that my face looked fat!!! Thanks Mom!! Had a great chat with all the Larocques and once again the old "I can hardly wait to get home" feeling creeps around.
We headed into town for supper, had a few cold ones and watched the women's gold medal curling game at the bar and I was surprised at the number of Americans that had no clue about the game of curling and many of them didn't even know what the game was called!! Canada ended up with the silver medal and we ordered supper "to go" so we could watch the hockey game at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment