Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday November/29/09 Grey Cup 2009

Grey Cup Sunday, GO RIDERS GO! We settled in for a relaxing day. I got up, and of course Marie was reading her book. I poured myself a cup of coffee and went outside and hung my Rider flag on the bus and hung one inside, Oh Ya!! I had a good feeling about the game. We watched the pre game hoopla and waited for the game to start. It was a warm day and the sunset at game time was wonderful.
Finally the game was on. The riders came out of the gate firing on all cylinders, But in the second half, let the Alouettes back into it.
My hart started to sink, could they possibly find a way to lose this game? Well guess what! They did.
On the last play of the game the Alouettes lined up to kick a field goal to win. They missed! WE WON! WE WON! OH just a minute PENALTY we can't count - 13 men instead of 12.
They line up to do it over. WE LOSE! WE LOSE! such is the life of a Rider fan.
What's that old Saskatchewan saying? Next year country.
Well, I'm going to drown my sorrows. (Hey! It's better than cutting my throat) Cook a steak and go to bed sad. Oh! and did I mention there is always next year.










No comments:

Post a Comment