Monday, January 27, 2014

Sunday, December 22/2013 - Tuesday, December 31/2013

Christmas is almost upon us and of course that means Trash Can Turkey.  I had picked up the turkey last week when it was on sale so at least that was done.  Keith and Charlotte (who have spent the last two Christmases with us) won't be joining us this year as Keith is still recovering from  a spinal abscess and they are sitting in an RV park in Tucson, Az.  I will miss them (and Charlotte's stuffing) but at least Keith is improving so that is the best thing for him.  Perhaps next year……
It was most definitely time for me to get a hair cut and since my hairdresser Dee was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident this summer (may she rest in peace), I had to find another one.  Bronda ( yes a rather unique name) agreed to take me on and I finally got my hair cut….just in time for Christmas.  Now at least I didn't look like a shaggy old dog!!
Christmas came and went and soon New Year's Eve was upon us.  We decided to do snacks for the evening.  That way we could "graze" throughout the evening.  I was not feeling well so had a little sleep on the couch before midnight.  John and Kay set up the fireworks and once that was done, woke me up so that I could enjoy them too.
We brought the new year in with two boxes of Saturn Missiles.  Wow…..we had fireworks shooting into the skies for at least 5 minutes!!   One could say we brought the new year in "with a bang"!!
Goodbye 2013 and Hello 2014……..

Hogan's new coat that Kay bought him for Xmas


Hard to see, but thats a Bud sign 

Turkey cooking

New fire pit, Thanks MB

No comments:

Post a Comment