Sunday, October 1, 2017

Sunday, September 17/2017 - Saturday, September 23/2017

This week started out busily.   I got the garden totally ready for the mower and John was more than happy to finally get in there and mow the weeds down.  Now, the garden looks much better!!  The last of the grass was cut so that job is done for this year as the grass will not be growing at any speed anymore.
John got the little shed cleaned up and even managed to get the Samurai started and took the dog for a run.
I did a few loads of laundry and managed to get the inside of the travel trailer cleaned and ready for travel. I have made a few changes to the cupboards so hope everything works out while we travel South.
On Thursday, I was scheduled for an education day in Shellbrook along with a co-worker so the two of us were off and down the road by 6:50.   The deer were out in force but Christal only had to slam her brakes on once as two rather big does crossed the road in front of us.  All the other ones decided that the ditch was the safest place to stay.  We arrived in Shellbrook in good time and spent a very long day learning about the Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and all the rules and regulations associated with it while working in our health district.  It was indeed a very LONG day!!
Friday dawned dreary like the rest of the week and a bit chilly.  I am really going to have to think about wearing socks.  My toes are not appreciating the changing season.
I heard the birds mucking around outside this morning and thought that they were rather close and when I finally did get up I discovered that it was the magpies I had been listening to and the lousy little creatures had eaten all of Booko's dog food I had put into his dish last night!!  What the hell!! Guess I will have to put his dish in the man cave now as I really am not interested in feeding the magpies his rather pricey dog food!!  Bunch of feathered jerks!!
Saturday was a quiet day and that of course ended this week.  We are getting closer and closer to our departure date and both John and I are going to be really looking forward to that date especially if the weather continues to get chillier and chillier!!   Life is Good !!



Beverage 

Taking Booko for a run

Booko resting

No comments:

Post a Comment