Thursday, September 21, 2017

Sunday, September 10/2017 - Saturday, September 16/2017

Sunday is the tenth of September and that day was John's Mom's 84th birthday.  I managed to call and actually got to speak with Mom for a bit before she headed to Church.  She sounded good, said she was busy (as usual) and we had a good chat.
Sunday was also the day that Kelly had to get back to Saskatoon and I decided to get the ingredients for my relish all chopped up so that it could sit overnight in picking salt and could be cooked and bottled on Monday.  Kelly helped me chop all the veggies and we managed to get them into the food processor and then into the kettle where they would sit for the night.  The job went quickly with both of us working at it but I was a little disappointed in Kelly when it came to chopping the onions.  She didn't want any part of them so it was left up to me.  For a good old Ukrainian Girl, Kelly just couldn't handle the onions!  I'm sure her Baba would have been real impressed with that!!
Once that nasty job was done, Kelly headed back to Saskatoon as she had to make a stop in Langham to see her granddaughter.  Kayton had just got a puppy for her birthday and she wanted to stop and check this little bundle of energy out.   It is a Burmese Mountain Dog and I am sure he is going to be huge when he grows up.
With Kelly gone, John and I could settle down in front of the TV and start watching Sunday NFL football.  It is the start of their regular season and that means that it is also the start of our annual football pool.  Hopefully, I will win BIG this year!!
Monday found me busy doing laundry and then I decided to start getting the trailer into shape for the trip to Arizona.  There are a few changes I want to make and I might as well get started now as John and I do not want to be doing all the leaving preparations in the snowbanks like last year!!
The weather man is saying that there is a chance of snow to the North of us and that is not a good thing.   Damn his soul to hell for those words!!
Arlene left for Winnipeg today so Gary was gone for most of the day.  Her two weeks sure slipped past quickly.  We will not see Arlene until 2018 now as she will not be returning until around Christmas time.
The relish also had to be finished off so I managed to get that job done as well.   My Goodness, it has been a busy day!!
Tuesday found us washing the quads and of course.....finishing the laundry.   It is a never ending job around here.   I will be glad to get back to Arizona and my laundry facilities there.
I also got the rest of the potatoes and the onions out of the "garden of weeds" today.   The harvest is a far cry from the bounty that I am used to but at least we will be provided with a few meals and, there is always enough to share with Gary and Dave and Shirley.
John got busy trying to plug the gap (with spray foam) in the front of the trailer so that the rain does not get the linen on the bed wet when we are in travel mode.   We had an issue in the past with wet linen so hopefully this will solve the problem.  By the time he was finished, the bed was completely pulled apart and there were screws everywhere!!  Holy Buckets!!
On Wednesday, I harvested the dill out of the garden.  Now, the garden is ready for John's magic mower and Sheldon's rototiller!!
Thursday started out very dreary and it looked like it could rain.  It was a quiet morning while we were waiting for the temperature to warm up.  Once that occurred, it was time to get the big trailer winterized and buttoned up for the upcoming winter.  The sewer tank was emptied and the grey water as well.  Now, if Kelly decides to join us again, she will have to use the toilet and shower in our trailer but that really should not be a problem.  John blew out the water lines and sucked in the slides.  One nasty job done and that is a good thing.
Friday dawned dreary and chilly.  It got to -3 last night and yes, there was still frost on the ground when I got up.   The first frost of the season!!  The seasons are definitely changing and this bit of frost is really going to make the leaves change even quicker.
Saturday started out dreary but the sunshine won out by noon.  It was a quiet day and since it was the weekend, well that was a good thing.  It has been a busy week.  Life is Good!



The girls making relish

No comments:

Post a Comment