Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Wednesday, October 25/2017

Headed out
We woke up this morning to some beautiful sunshine and no wind.  Apparently the weather is supposed to deteriorate later this afternoon so with that in mind, we were up earlier than normal (well John was!!) and we got packed up and headed out.

A stop at Marie's favorite store
I had forgotten to pack the Yahtzee game, the cards and the Cribbage board (they remain safely within the confines of the man cave back home) so we had to make a quick stop at the local Walmart in Swift Current.  Of course me and Walmart are always a good pairing but today I came away without a cribbage board!!  What the heck is with that??  Not to worry as I am sure there is another Walmart in the USA that will have one and, by that time, I am sure I will need something else as well!!
And her other favorite store
We also stopped at the liquor store as we were getting a  bit low on adult beverages and if the weather turned really shitty and we had to stop for longer than a day or two we would be close to running out and that is simply not acceptable!!   If I am going to be stuck in the middle of stinking nowhere in a wind storm or perhaps snow storm then I may need some liquid encouragement!!

"New" highway 4 South
Of course we were also in need of some propane and trying to find some in Swift Current could prove to be a bit tricky so I phoned the Husky Gas Station in Cadillac, Saskatchewan (love that name) and asked if they sold it.  "Well, yes Ma'am, we do"......problem solved!!  Down the road we headed and to our great surprise....it was NEW pavement!!   About bloody time the powers saw fit to re-do this highway.  It was a total disgrace!!  It continued till we were almost to Val Marie and what a blessing that was because once we hit the "old road" it was horrible.  The only good thing about this road and I guess it really depends on your opinion is that there are ALWAYS lots of deer.  Today we saw seven and all but two were pretty well behaved!!

We arrived at our trusty old gravel pit just north of the USA border and none too soon.   The wind had really started to blow in earnest and it was time to get off the road.  Strong winds and RVs often do not go hand in hand and it is much better to pull over and park than to risk meeting the ditch in a rather unceremonious way.


Our spot for the night

Booko was most definitely NOT impressed with the wind and chose to stay in the camper occasionally sticking his head out to see what John and I were up to.  We chose to sit on the "windless" side of the camper (that really wasn't without wind) for a beverage but once that was done, we too took refuge inside the camper.

Booko not digging the wind



Once inside, I opened the brand new Yahtzee game and proceeded to get my ass kicked twice!!  I see that I have not lost my losing streak!!   Oh well.....I'm a damn good loser and.....Life is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment