Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Monday, July 31/2017 - Friday, August 4/2017

Kelly having a Friday night beverage
Monday started the week off with me heading over to the nursing home to put in a 12 hour day shift. It was a good shift and I did surprisingly well considering all the aches and bruises I was carrying on me!!  Kelly was back to work and so was Shirley.  Despite our aches and pains, both Shirley and I persevered and worked off and on for the remainder of the week.  We are a couple of tough ladies - even if I do say so myself!!
On Tuesday, John and I headed over to Clearwater Lake to visit witht he kids.  Jace and Kimmy invited us for supper and we sat around chatting to the kids around the fire.  Our friends Jim and Joyce had arrived at the campsite for a few days as well so it was awesome to have time to chat with them as well.  It was a pleasant evening and John ended up cooking the chicken for Kimmy.  He volunteered and she jumped right on that!!  Said she felt "bad" for getting John to cook after she invited us for supper.   I'm thinking she didn't really look like she felt all that "bad" about it at all!!
LOL.  We were home by 12:30 and glad to be settled into bed shortly thereafter.
Wednesday was another night shift for me and Thursday was a sleep day.
Friday was upon us before we knew it and Kelly arrived in Leoville that same evening.
It is the annual Rodeo weekend so will be busy in town and John and Kelly will be meeting the kids for atv rally tomorrow.  I have to work on Saturday and am kind of glad as,  the ride sounds like it will be quite an adventure with the amount of riders joining  in the adventure!    Life is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment