Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Sunday, August 13/2017 - Saturday, August 19/2017

Getting the old trailer ripped apart
Sunday found me doing another day shift at the nursing home and John was busy again ripping the little trailer apart.  It is a tedious job as he is trying to salvage some of the parts and pieces for Kelly as she is hoping to use some of it in her little cargo trailer she bought to convert it into a "camperized" cargo trailer.  She will have a trailer to haul and store her quad in and have a little "camper" too when the quad is not in it.  It will be perfect for her and she is looking forward to some adventures in it next year.

Awesome evening drive

Awesome sunset




Back in town
The Saskatchewan Roughriders played on Sunday and for once......they won.   Holy Buckets, maybe they are on a roll.  I didn't get to see much of the game but it sounded like a good one.

Doing some work on the condo
On Monday, I was scheduled to work nights so my day was free and I helped John with some of the demolition of the little trailer.  Slowly, it is getting done.
Tuesday was another quiet day as I arrived home from my night shift, went to bed, got up and prepared to work my final night.
John continued to work on the demo and by Friday, it was done and the shop was pretty damn clean. Kelly arrived and we headed for a short trip down the North Road in Jace's jeep.  Well. I must say, that was an adventure in itself!!  It wandered all over the road and I truly felt unsafe in the damn thing!!

Sunset on Otter Lake
We got to the end of Otter Lake as the sun was setting and it truly was beautiful.  How can anyone not love living in this paradise.  Wow.....we are so blessed.


Another booze cruise

Kelly is so friendly!

Cruised in Jace's jalopy

Otter Lake

Headed home
Saturday started off bright and sunny and since we were headed out on the quads, that was a good thing.  I decided to try to sit on my two up quad to see if I actually could ride the damn thing.  My hip has moderate to severe arthritic changes and has been painful for a while.  I got on behind John and away we went.  I wanted to go to the far end of Otter Lake through "the block" as we had not been on this trail for over a year.  It wasn't a particularly long ride but it would be rough.  This trail would really test my hip!!

Mason and Booko doing the Ralf pose

Deer Lake



Quad ride to another part of Otter Lake
It was an awesome ride and I'm glad we did it.  Kelly saw some more of our forest and I decided once and for all that I couldn't ride the quad.  It is just too painful.  It was the little boost I needed to be certain that selling my quad was the right thing to do.  It is officially for sale!!

Pelicans



Slideout Lake
We took some awesome pictures and I tried to dull the aching in my hip with Twisted Tea!!  Well that didn't really work but I was "happy" none the less!!



Overlooking the loons

Heading home
It was a great ride and we really couldn't have asked for better weather.  It was dark by the time we arrived back in the yard only to find that Kelly's little Yorkshire Terrier had made the great escape from the yard.  Holy Buckets......what now!!   Fortunately, he had travelled only a few blocks and when we arrived in the yard, Ashley, our neighbour told us that he was on the Leoville webpage and was safe and sound at Rick and Debbie's house.  John went and got him and he was oh so happy to be back where he belonged!!  I guess leaving him running in the yard with Booko is no longer an option unless we make some repairs to the gate cause I'm thinking that that is the only place he could have got out.  Stupid ass dog......but glad he was safe and sound.

Another great day
We finished off the night with John cooking steak and since Kelly would rather eat potato salad with her steak, that is what we had.  None of us were feeling any pain by this time and we all headed to bed after we ate.   We had a great ride, found the missing dog and had an awesome supper.  What more could one ask for.........Life is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment