Thursday, November 3, 2011

Wednesday, November 2/2011

Well, there was a bit more frost on the big bus windows this morning when I got up and thank heavens we left the heater on for the night.  I am afraid I would have froze my "knees and things" this morning when I got out of bed had we not done that!!
The sun is shining so it will not be too long before the windows thaw out.
We will be leaving Billings today as the jeep is supposed to be done this afternoon, then it will be adios chilly weather and heading to the warmer stuff - hopefully.  We still have a long way to go before we hit the Arizona sunshine.
I sent off a few emails and chatted with Beef this morning.  He will be starting the rink job for the winter so that is a good thing for him.
We headed over to where the jeep was and once there, found out that it would not be ready until probably tomorrow.  Apparently they are waiting for parts (story of my life!!).  Oh well, there is a spot here for us to park and I anticipate that there will be less noise here so I can live with that.
We settled in for the night and had a little cottontail bunny provide us with the evening's entertainment.  Here in the midst of  Billings, lives this little bunny.  There is no vegetation around that I can see except for a few scattered weeds and grass so I wonder what the little thing survives on.  He has shelter under the various out buildings on the property but I see no real food anywhere.  John and I were having corn on the cob for supper tonight so I left the husks over by one of the sheds for him to munch on.  John wondered if the owners would have issues with me leaving "garbage" outside their buildings but I didn't really care.  Hopefully Mr.Peter Cottontail finds them and enjoys his meal!!
It is definitely warm here as we are nestled beside a rather large building and there are buildings all around us.  As the evening progressed, the noise level settled and it was quiet.  Very conducive for sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment