Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tuesday, November 29/2011

Heading out

US 191 S

Lots of sand





Goats on the road

Can you see the impostor 





Getting into the trees

Coal power plant at the end of the day
It was quiet all night as John and I are the only ones in the campground.  There were a few birds around that were bugging Hogan and while we were sitting around the campfire last night, he assumed the role of "great protector" and kept all winged creatures away from the bus!!
This morning, the sun is up and all seems well with the world.  There is running water here in the campground so I think I will give Hogan a shower (he is starting to stink like a dog), take an extended one myself then fill the bus before we leave here. Again, life is good.  I think, although do not want to say it too loud, but I think we just may hit Arizona today!!
We continued our travels south on 191 and I must say that for this leg of the trip the scenery was boring and non -descript.  We did pass through some very sandy areas that could almost be called dunes but other than that , the landscape was nothing but sand and sagebrush with an occasional odd rock formation thrown into the mix.  I don't think we need to be taking this route again anytime soon!!  We eventually hit I 40 then headed west towards Flagstaff.  John has ordered batteries to support the solar panels so we are going to pick those up then head further south tomorrow.
We stopped at a Flying J truck stop for the night and I can almost guarantee that the noise level will not be described as "quiet" in tomorrow's blog!!
Since we now have "service" on the phone I text both the boys and Jan today so am now caught up on all the news back home.  It was good to talk to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment