Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday, November 5/2010

Up early, frost is once again on the pumpkin and the nearby hills are surrounded in fog. Hopefully no one comes to tell us to move because my hair looks a fright and instead of telling us to move out of this area, they just may tell me to go back to Canada!! Must have my hat ready - just in case. John says not to worry about my hair, it is the fleecy pink pyjama bottoms with the little white lambs on them that will send us packing!! They can all go scrub their asses!!
We continue our travels down 89 south today eventually passing through the town of Afton, Wy. We were able to dump the RV tanks and replenish the water supply (all for free!). The RV park was situated on the same property as the Discount Liquor Store - now isn't that just a remarkable coincidence!! Once this job was done we stopped at the gas station, fueled up and headed out of town.
The countryside is lovely, with the hills and mountains in the background and gentle sloping fields along the highway. There is no shortage of antelope along the way and they appear to be totally disinterested in the passing traffic.
We crossed into Idaho and ran along the side of Bear Lake. A huge lake with some huge homes along the shoreline. The only trouble with this lake is that one would have to walk several hundred yards through pretty marshy land to get to the water. OR one could build a VERY long dock!!
We found no suitable places to camp so continued on and crossed into Utah. I might add a bit of a note now and say that just because the map says there is a campground in a particular area, does not necessarily mean that there is one there!! And, I am using maps I picked up last year!!
We eventually found this cute little boondocking site beside a small creek and soon settled in to watch the football game.
We are nestled in between the hills and out of the blue, John asks me if I want to buy the hill in front of the bus. I look up the hill and there is a For Sale sign on it!! I said "never mind buying it, I can't imagine hiking all the way up there just to put up that sign"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment