Sunday, November 28, 2010

Friday, November 26/2010

A bit windy here this morning but the sun is shining and it is not -25C like it is back at home. Can life get any better??
Hogan and I have gathered enough wood to have at least tonight's fire and one for tomorrow.
John is once again measuring and figuring what else needs to be ordered for the jeep and I am trying to solve yet another murder!! You have got to love a good novel.
The wind eventually died down and we had a wonderful fire. It is so quiet out here (now that all he little quadders have gone to sleep!!). The skies are clear and one can see a billion stars AND if you listen real closely, you can hear a wise old owl hooting somewhere up in the surrounding hills. It truly is peaceful - God's country.
The one thing John and I have not heard on these quiet evenings are coyotes. I am sure they must be around but we have not heard one little yap or bark from these elusive canines. As a matter of fact, we have not seen anything but a few birds and Hogan's friend - Mr Chipmunk since we arrived here in the desert outside of Parker, Az. I am missing my Wickenberg doves and the cute little quails. Soon, my pretties, soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment