Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesday, January 5/2010

Okay, today is the day. It's me against the stray - come on - man is at the top of the food chain - surely I can outsmart a damn dog!! Wish me luck.
FINALLY!!!! I managed to catch him!! I was able to get a hold of his leg and when I did, you would have thought I was killing the darn thing. He was yelping and jumping around - threw himself on the ground and at one point I thought I had a hold of an alligator and he was about to do the death roll!! Poor Hogan didn't know what to do so he joined into the melee and I then had two dogs to wrestle!! Oh my shattered Nerves!!
When I got to the Humane Society I was told that they only take strays that have been found in the city and since I had found him outside the city, he wasn't in their jurisdiction, and since I had been feeding him for a week he was considered MY dog. I said, " I live in a motorhome and this was NOT MY DOG!!" (I could only imagine what John would say if I ended up bringing this damn dog back to the motorhome!!!).
Just then, the dog sat up in the passenger seat of the truck looking like he could be your best friend and the lady said "So, you found him around the Safeway parking lot??" and I quickly said YES!! She then called the dogcatcher who eventually came and in turn surrendered the stray to the Humane Society. I was so grateful I left a donation !!! Thank the Good Lord for compassionate women and Safeway parking lots!!
I returned home in time to get in a bit of suntanning then, John and I headed into town for a few refreshments before returning home to watch the Canadians lose the gold medal to the Americans in the Junior Hockey Finals.
All in all, another great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment