Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday, January 22/2010

Well, it is morning and we are still in the same campsite so I guess the tornado didn't get us!! It was quite windy at times though. Sometime during the night the rain did stop and this morning there has been only a few sprinkles although the clouds and the sky continue to look quite threatening. The wash is once again just wet sand and all is well. It will be interesting to see the effects of this rain on the desert. I wonder if there will be more green showing, more leaves or flowers. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Hogan and I went for a little walk, can't go too far in case it starts raining again. We met up with Truman (the old prospector) and had a little chat with him then carried on our way. There have been several vehicles out on the trail today - all checking out the effects of the downpour.
With all the wet sand being transported into the bus over the past few days, I decided that it was time to bring out the vacuum and perhaps do a bit of cleaning. God, I hate vacuuming - I really must talk to John about sharing the chores!!
The remainder of the day saw a few more sprinkles but that was about it. Maybe there is some sunshine coming our way tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment