Friday, June 19, 2020

Sunday, May 24/2020 - Saturday, May 30/2020

Marie and new side by side at Heart Lake

covered in mud
This week we had to take the new side by side out for its inaugural run.  John decided to head down into "the block" and check out a few of the lakes.  With that in mind, we headed out and were soon on the trail to towards Deer Lake.  We were shocked to see the amount of clear cutting that had been done and only hoped that Deer Lake itself had been spared.  As it turned out, they did spare the lake and surrounding forest but I wonder, for how long.
The trail itself was relatively dry although there were some areas where mud could be found.  Unfortunately, John managed to do just that and before we actually could extricate ourselves from the  slimy claws of the mud, I managed to get covered in it.  I remember looking up and seeing a wall of mud coming towards me and I received a lap full of the stuff!!  Holy Buckets!!  I did not sign up for this today.  It was supposed to be a leisurely ride to Heart Lake.  Apparently, there were other plans!!
Beau Creek
Once we left Heart Lake, we headed over to Beau Creek.  Surely there won't be any mud going there. Well, there was but we managed to skirt most of it.  We stayed at the creek for a while then headed back to the main trail.
Booko was running out front and before we knew it, he spotted and Mama bear and her cub.  The bear went running into the bush and the cub went up a tree.  We called Booko and it is a good thing that he listens fairly well and actually came back to us without any issues.  Once Booko was gone, the cub scooted back down the tree and into the bush heading for his Mom!!
At the tower in the block
Of course we had to see how well the side by side climbed so John headed up the very rutted and steep trail to the tower.  The machine climbed like a dream and John was quite pleased with the way it handled.
This week, John and I headed into Saskatoon as I needed to get an X-ray on my right hip so that the orthopedic surgeon could have an updated one.  There is still a hold on elective orthopedic surgery but at least now we have an updated picture.
We did not take the trailer.  Instead, we decided to sleep at Jace and Kim's since we were only going to  be there for a few days.  
We arrived on Wednesday and before too long, Booko had ticks on him!!  Holy Buckets....It's a good thing Kimmy is not squeamish as she was the one pulling them off.  They are just too creepy for me!!
Marissa volunteered to drive me around Saskatoon and go shopping with me.  It was fun but I must say, I was a bit tired after all that walking around.
On Friday, I went to Walmart to do some final shopping and ended up forgetting my cane in the grocery cart!!  Unfortunately, I didn't realize it until I got home.  Jesus, how does someone who depends on their cane simply leave it behind??  Go figure...Only I could be so absent minded!!
Karen (Kim's sister) came to my rescue.  She lives not too far from the Walmart I was at and was coming out to the acreage anyway so headed over to see if it had been turned in.   When she got to the house she had a cane in hand.  Apparently one had been turned in.  Unfortunately, it was not the one I left behind but the one she brought would certainly do.
Supper that night was ribs and we had lots of company that day.  John cooked three racks of ribs so no one went hungry and they were delicious.  It was a fun evening .
John tried to cut the grass as it was sorely in need but the mower ended up with a flat tire so that ended up not being repaired until Saturday .  John was very busy Saturday cutting all those acres on Saturday before we headed back to Leoville.
It was nice to get home after the chaos of the city.  Life is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment