Friday, June 19, 2020

Sunday, May 17/2020 - Saturday, May 23/2020

first outside fire
This week marked the end of our quarantine!!  Woo hoo!!  So far, so good.  No symptoms of the virus so that is a good thing.  I really was not expecting any as John and I have been isolating basically, since March.
We got Sasktel Internet installed in the man cave this week as well so, now we have unlimited WiFi and that is a blessing.  The Wifi that we had on the RV needs to be upgraded and that is going to be a bit pricey so we decided to get internet hard wired into the man cave.  The Sasktel dude came and when he was inside, wore a respirator type mask that made him look like some sort of an alien.  It was hard to understand him but we managed and he really was not here for that long.   He was shocked at the condition of the Sasktel wiring and equipment that was on the power pole by the yard so was going to put a work order in and have it replaced.  He did say we would need to move the 5th wheel trailer we had parked by the fence so that the repair guy could get his bucket truck in to make the repairs.
We took a quick trip to Melfort to pick up the new side by side.  The weather was a bit rainy and windy when we left Leoville but by the time we arrived at Melfort, it was warm and sunny.  It sure didn't take too long to do the paperwork, get the thing loaded and head back home.
We stopped at Walmart in Prince Albert to pick up a few things and MAN....had I known it was going to be such a big deal, I would have told John to "keep driving"!!
I had to wait in line to even enter the building which really wasn't that big of a deal.  The line moved fairly quickly and I was soon doing my shopping following the arrows on the floor to make sure that all the Covid 19 guidelines were being followed.
With my cart full, I headed to the checkout and almost fell over!!   The lines to checkout were quite long and were moving very slowly.  Shit, Oh Dear..... I almost entertained the idea of leaving my cart and heading out the door!!  Unfortunately,  I couldn't just leave my cart like that as someone would have to put all this stuff back on the shelves.  Sooo.....I waited patiently to take my turn at the till.  Actually, it took longer to check out,  than it did to gather my groceries!!  Needless to say, John was not impressed but by that time, neither was I so just "shut up and drive"!!  LOL
Life is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment