Thursday, August 25, 2016

Monday, August 15/2016

Heading to Airdrie
I had a night shift to work on the 13th so came home the morning of the 14th and grabbed a few hours sleep before John and I headed to Airdrie.  We stopped at Hanna, Alberta for the night and paid 145.00 for a motel room for the night.  I really hated to pay that kind of money but the room had a bathtub and that was a selling point for me!!   John was tired, I was grumpy and Cooper was ready to get out of the truck.  It was a much needed stop and I took full advantage of the bathtub having a bath that evening and again in the morning!!  My 145.00 dollar baths were awesome!!

the bridge in the Drumheller Canyon
We got up the next morning, ate breakfast at the one of the local restaurants and headed to Airdrie to pick up the new trailer.  We were well rested and the trip was uneventful.  The scenery was awesome along the way.
More cliffs at Drumheller
Marshmallow field
Stocking up the new trailer at Walmart

Once we picked up the trailer, we headed over to Walmart, Canadian Tire and The Superstore Liquor Store!!  We then headed out towards British Columbia and a few days of relaxation.

Headed to B.C
We stopped for the night at a little roadside campground in Turner Valley, Alberta.  It was a nice spot and both John and I were ready to stop for the night.  There just happened to be a guy around that sold fire wood so, we purchased some and sat around it while our supper cooked.  The trailer is awesome and I think will work wonderfully for our trips back and forth the Arizona.

First fire with the new rig
Tomorrow, we will be in Fernie to surprise Lorne and Marilyn.   Life is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment