Thursday, July 9, 2015

Monday, June 15/2015 - Saturday, June 20/2015

Our Elevator as seen from the Railroad right of way
At Church

Took old Blue for a cruise
Hogan enjoying the sun

This week was spent mostly preparing for the kids and the upcoming Father's Day weekend although we did manage to get out into the forest for a ride in "Old Blue".  We headed down the East road and took in the sights and sounds of that area.  With Old Blue, we are limited as to where we go so it was roads all the way and that is OK, as I was not really ready for anything too adventurous.  We did travel on a road I could not remember being on before but John insisted that we had been there once before.  Of course we ended up turning around as it became a two track trail designed for four wheel drives.  Old Blue is not so equipped.  We made a stop at the old Timberland School and then of course had to stop at the "Little White Church".  One can not be in this vicinity and not stop at the church and have an adult refreshment with the dead!!
We actually should have been going for a load of wood but a quiet drive in the forest seemed much more enjoyable.
I work 3 days this week so am getting down to the last few days to get stuff done for the weekend.   Gee, I wonder if I will actually be ready!!  Oh well, when the kids arrive, it will be all good, I am sure!!
The troops started arriving on Friday, Casey included (which was a nice surprise) and by the time I got home, the party had started.  Of course Jace and Kimmy had not arrived yet (and Jace was supposed to be packed and ready by the time Kimmy got off work!!) so I decided to stay up and wait for them.  Eventually they did arrive and I was able to then head into bed.  I was so tired that I must admit, I did not hear one sound once my head hit the pillow.
Of course, when I got up the next morning (Saturday) and headed to work, it was pretty damn quiet in the yard. Not even the dogs were stirring!!
There was a ride scheduled for Saturday and when I arrived home from work was certainly not surprised to see that the quadders had not yet arrived home.  I really did not expect them until at least 10:00.  I did get a surprise when I did get home as Scotty and Jill and their 3 week old baby Tessa had arrived.  I had not expected them as Miss Tessa was so young.  It was good to see them I finally got to hold that sweet baby girl.  She is certainly a precious little thing but unfortunately is plagued by colic and was certainly not very happy!!  Both Scotty and Jill looked exhausted!!
I started a campfire (we never did go get wood) and we all waited for the troops to arrive back in the yard.
It got later and later and later but finally I got a call at 1:00 o'clock in the morning to bring gas down to "Eight Mile".  Many of the quads were running low and no one knew if they had enough to make it back.  Fortunately, Scotty was here and headed out.  As it turned out, all the quads made it home on what they had in their tanks but some were convinced they were sucking fumes!!
As it turned out "THE IDIOTS" ( and that is the only word that is appropriate) decided to do "the pipeline".  Holy Buckets.....that would be about 2 or 3 miles of muskeg hell.  Eventually and I do mean eventually..... meaning several hours later and a million miles of winch cable being pulled out, they all made it through and were able to start the trip home!!

The troops arrive Friday night
Preston and Dale
Lorreta and Kayla

Friday night beverages 

 Needless to say, everyone was exhausted and more than happy to go to bed hungry and dirty!!   Man, am I glad I had to work.  Of course I am much smarter than this bunch of idiots as I would NEVER had ever gone down the pipeline.  I am afraid I would have headed home first!!  Unbelievably, all quads managed to make it home without any damage so everyone was ready to go on tomorrow's ride and that, will be another post on the blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment