Saturday, July 18, 2015

Sunday, July 12/2015 - Saturday, July 18/2015

Sunday was a "sleep" day for me and also was the start of a three day stretch off.  It was a long time coming but so very needed.
I finally had to break down and water the garden as the rain has been practically non existent so I hauled out the hose and hooked up to Gary's well and gave the garden a good drink.  There is so much of it ready now that it is hard to keep up with it.  The lettuce, kale, swiss chard, green onions and beet greens are ready to eat.  There are a few cucumbers on the vines and many little tomatoes starting.  The pea pods are abundant but will require bit more time to fill out.  The beans will be my next headache!!  GOD, I love my garden!!
We entertained the neighbours on Sunday evening and decided to go for a Sami ride on Monday.  Shirley is off on Monday and it will be the first time that her and I get to the trails together this season!!
We will take the little trucks as there is a good possibility of rain.  This way we can stay dry and take Hogan along as well.
We explored a new trail on Monday and although it went for several miles back into the bush, it eventually spit us out into the muskeg and we knew it was time for us to turn around.  None of us wanted to be winching, cursing and swearing or expending a lot of energy!!  It was a day to cruise the trails and enjoy a few adult beverages.
We came across some huge wolf tracks and I think they were the biggest ones I have ever seen.  Man, I sure would not like to meet the owner of these tracks face to face!!  I can only imagine how big and beautiful he is.
We stopped at Buck Lake on the way home and enjoyed the quiet solitude of one of our many Northern Lakes.  Dave was trying to figure out the easiest way to get his little fishing boat down the hill to the lake as the shore line was several hundred feet "down the hill".   Hmmmm.... am thinking the winch would come in handy here somehow.
It was an awesome day and all of us enjoyed the outing.  The rain was falling and we arrived back in town and it was nice to get home.
The football game was about to start but we got way laid in watching it as Patrick stopped by on his way back to Big River.  He had been in town for a funeral so stopped for a few refreshments before heading home.
We did get to watch the last half of the game and Calgary won so neither John nor I were impressed with the end result!!
The weather has remained hot, hot and hot with only a few sprinkling of rain.  Hmmm, not good for the forest fire situation but we are told that there has been some rain up there and things a looking a bit better.
I took one day to harvest some of the garden and since I am scheduled to be back at work on Thursday, I had better get my unifoms ironed and ready to go.  I only have the one day to work so far and am once again looking forward to more days off.  I think this is when the camper will be ready to switch to the new truck.   Now that just may turn out to be a bit of a chore but we will cross this bridge when we get to it.

Checking out a new trail

Butterflies
Huge wolf track
Add caption
At Buck Lake
Buck Lake
Heading home


No comments:

Post a Comment