Friday, July 16, 2010

Wednesday, July 14/2010

Arnie and Shelly were off to Shellbrook for Mom's appt and John and I were left to hold the fort. The weather looked rather threatening so thought I had better get my arse into gear and do the laundry before the rains came. It took a while, as it takes much longer to dry the sleeping bags that I had washed than it takes for regular clothes. Eventually got it all dried then started to dry the dill in the garden in the microwave. It is so expensive to buy it in the area we stayed last winter that I thought I could dry some of it here and take it with me. Jan had told me how to do it and I started and before I knew it, the dill was on fire along with the paper towel!!! Jesus, Mary and Joseph!!! How the hell was I going to explain to John that I had burnt the motorhome down drying dill weed. Somehow I knew he would not see the humor it that!!
Long story short, I think there are issues with the microwave in the bus as I took the dill into Mom Larocque's and used her microwave and it dried beautifully - just like Jan said it would!! By the time Arnie and Shelly got home the kitchen smelled like dill!! Awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment