Monday, July 5, 2010

Sunday, June 27/2010 and Monday June 28/2010


SUNDAY THE 27TH: I somehow managed to screw up the posting order and now the only remedy I can see is to combine two days soooo... here goes!!
I woke up this morning truly grateful that we had made it home last night and that I was able to spend the night in my nice warm comfortable bed and NOT in the mosquito infested forest in "full combat mode"!! Oh, did I mention that there are bears and wolves in this forest. Thank You God!!
Today, we have to get into gear and head into Saskatoon. John has an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon at 9:30 tomorrow. Since the bus has been sitting a while, there are all sorts of things sitting around that will become "projectiles" when we start moving soooo......my job today is to get the bus "road ready". THAT, could possibly take me all day!!!
Friends stopped by for a short visit and when they were gone, I raided the gardens for onions and dill for Jan then, we were off to the city.
It was an uneventful trip and we were able to park beside the "Urban Lake Project" - and here all this time I thought it was just a slough!! It was actually quite pretty and with the "lake" just outside the door, I was able to watch all the wildlife that call this place home. Our Granddog Coors would love it here. He loves the water and retrieving sticks from it. He actually taught Hogan how to swim! Coors and Hogan will be able to play here for hours. I quickly let Jace know where we were parked and invited him to come see us tomorrow.

MONDAY THE 28th:
We we awake early - some loser was outside cutting the grass right beside the bus!! Oh well, we had to get up early anyway because we had to be at the hospital by 9am.
We arrived on time and after seeing the doc, John can now start putting 60lbs pressure on his leg. He was pleased with John's progress and John was thrilled that he could now start weight bearing. Progress is a slow process. We stopped at Jan and Ron's for a quick coffee and visit - Jan was working. All is well with Ron and his heart - thank heavens. We picked up our mail then headed back to the bus. I had shopping to do and Jace was coming for a visit.
Jace arrived and did not bring Coors. I was disappointed but Jace explained that Coors had killed a raccoon while he was at the farm and had received a cut on his foot and after the vet visit, was told that he had to rest his foot and keep the cut clean so, Jace left him at home. Well, there go my plans for the dogs frolicking in the lake!! We had a short visit and then I was off to shop.
I had phoned our youngest son Casey and invited him to come back to Leoville for the rest of the week and much to my surprise -- he said ok!! As you can see by the pics, him and Hogan relaxed (rather comfortably) on the way up. We had left late so had a nice sunset to view on the trip North.
Once back home, Casey unhooked the little tracker (we had towed it into Saskatoon so we had wheels) and we settled back into our parking spot. It was late and tomorrow was filled with things for Casey to help with.

No comments:

Post a Comment